How to get to Chamonix?
Chamonix is located nearby several international airports:
- International Geneva Airport : 99 km
- Transfers Geneva – Chamonix : www.chamonix.net/english/transport/shared-transfers
- Private transfers Geneva – Chamonix : www.chamonix.net/english/transport/private-transfers
- International Lyon Airport : 220 km
- Milan Malpensa Airport : 234 km
- Milan Linate Airport : 256 km
- Torino Caselle Airport : 172 km
Chamonix can also be easily accessed by bus:
- From Paris ~ Travel time : 9h45 / Distance : 615km / Carbon footprint: 24,60kg
- Bus Eurolines from the international bus station of "Paris – Gallieni – Porte de Bagnolet" direct to Chamonix’s bus station. Night travel. www.eurolines.fr/fr/destinations-voyage-bus/destinations-voyage-bus-france/voyage-bus-chamonix/
- From Milan ~ Travel time : 5h to 5h30 / Distance : 239km / Carbon footprint : 9,56kg
- Bus SAVDA from Milan Lampugnano’s bus station to Chamonix’s bus station. www.savda.it
- Bus Eurolines from Milan Lampugnano’s bus station to Chamonix’s bus station. www.eurolines.it
- From Turin ~ Travel time : 2h45 to 4h15 / Distance : 169km / Carbon footprint : 6,76kg
- From France : Accessible directly via the Autoroute Blanche (A40), which connects to the European motorway network.
- From Switzerland : Motorway to Martigny, Col de la Forclaz, Col des Montets.
- From Italy : 15km from the border via Mont-Blanc Tunnel.
Car sharing can be a fantastic alternative to save money, help in preserving our environment, and make new friends! www.blablacar.co.uk/
Chamonix is also well connected by train.
- From Paris ~ Travel time : 5h30 à 7h00 depending on connection / Distance : 628km / Carbon footprint : 23,56kg
- You can get to Chamonix from Paris by high speed train TGV to Saint-Gervais – Le Fayet (19 km). You’ll however need to connect via Annecy, Bellegarde, Chambéry – Aix-les-Bains or Lyon depending on your TGV ticket.
- The Mont Blanc Express connects all villages from St Gervais - Le Fayet to Martigny (Switzerland) via Servoz, Les Houches, Chamonix, Argentière and Vallorcine. You can consult the Mont-Blanc Express Train time-tables on www.chamonix.com.
- From Milan ~ Travel time : 4h10 minimum (depending on connection) / Distance : 293km / Carbon footprint : 10,97kg
- You can get to Chamonix by taking the train from Milan to Martigny after a connection in Brig.
- Once in Martigny, take the regional train Le Mont Blanc Express toward Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (see above).
Once you are in Chamonix
Map of Chamonix Centre
Map of Chamonix Valley
OVERVIEW OF TRANSPORTS IN THE VALLEY
Map of buses in the Valley
There are many options for accommodations in the Chamonix Valley to cater to all tastes and budgets.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information and/or packages and special rates with some of our partners.
For a good source of information check: http://www.chamonix.com/accommodation,19,en.html.