Become Volunteer VOLUNTEERS HANDBOOK 2016
Evergreen Endurance needs your help! Join us as a volunteer and become a part of Evergreen Endurance's history! Use the link below to sign up.
Some of the benefits you will receive include:
- Meals each day worked,
- Guaranteed entry slot for the race of your choice the following edition,
- 50% reduction for the race of your choice for the following edition.
2019 Edition Registrations open Register as a volunteer
Evergreen Endurance would not work without its volunteers, they ensure the security and comfort of athletes during their efforts.
The 2019 edition of Evergreen Endurance will take place on the weekend of 14th and 15th September. We will need help from as early as Saturday 7th September to start preparing the courses, transition zones (Montriond and Chamonix), material and products for aid stations, and to welcome athletes for their registration in Chamonix. On Saturday 14th September and Sunday 15th September, we will need courageous volunteers to help guide and secure athletes all along their races.
The programme for the event is available on our website, by following this link: 2019 edition programme. We have also setup a Facebook Groupe for our volunteers, where we intend to share information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/benevolesevergreen/.
Here is an outline of the program of the event, which will be confirmed a few days before the race. We will contact each volunteer individually to inform them of their mission(s) according to their availability.
- Thursday 7th September:
- Chamonix - athletes registration, building of T2 (Transition Zone 2), preparation of aid station packs, pasta party in the evening
- Montriond - building of T1 on the edges of the lake
- Friday 8th September:
- Chamonix - athletes registration, bike reception, setting-up of signage for run, clean of the mountain of run course (Evergreen Eco-Ambassadors), loading of bikes in transport (in evening between 7pm and 10pm), dropping-off aid stations packs in mountain (run course)
- Course (Montriond to Chamonix - Evergreen 118 & Evergreen 228 courses) - signage for bike courses
- Montriond (late evening, from 10pm until 2am on Saturday 9th) - unloading and placing of bikes onto T1
- Saturday 9th September (day 1 of the races):
- Chamonix - organisation of athlete buses (from 3am), signallers/marshals for end of bike course and some of run course, aid stations (T2 and in the mountain), athletes registration for Evergreen 58 and bike drop-off
- Montriond - from 5am until about 10am: organisation of swim and T1, then dismounting of T1,
- Bike course (Evergreen 118 & Evergreen 228) - signallers/marshals on parts of the races to secure (missions lasting between 2 and 5 hours approx., with starts shifted at different posts from 7am and finishing at about 8pm), and aid stations
- Champex-Lac - building of T1 for Evergreen 58, and marking of the bike course
- night from Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th:
- Chamonix - aid stations at T2 and in the mountain
- Sunday 10th September (day 2 of races - and day of Evergreen 58):
- Chamonix - continuation of aid stations, closing ceremony (early evening), dismounting of T2 in second part of evening
- Champex-Lac - unloading of bikes (from 5.30am), organisation of swim and T1, then dismounting of T1
- Bike course (Evergreen 58) - signallers/marshals (missions lasting 1 to 3 hours from 8am and until approx. 1pm), and aid stations (T1, cold de la Forclaz)
Notes: T1 corresponds to Transition Zone 1 (on edges of Lac de Montriond for Evergreen 118 & Evergreen 228, and Lac de Champex for Evergreen 58). T2 corresponds to Transition Zone 2 which will be on Place de l'Aiguille du Midi for all races (as well as the finish line).
Evergreen Endurance Eco-Ambassadors
One of the major differences of our event is our true commitment to eco-responsibility towards our environment (more information in other parts of our website). One of the measures we are implementing is the cleaning of the mountain on the run courses, before and after the races. We are looking for volunteers who will be "Evergreen Endurance Eco-Ambassadors". As part of their mission, our eco-ambassadors are required to go through all the various sections of our running courses before and after the passage of the athletes in order to install an eco-friendly signage as well as overseeing the cleaning and preservations of these routes and finally help recycling the collected waste.